Monday, January 9, 2023

Challenges of Being a Complainant

 

Instinct is to tell,


belief always in question.


Are they listening?


Image by Geralt from Pixabay.


In a sea of hurt lies many more unanswered questions.


From my personal experience, here is a dialogue of me asking questions in regards to serious safety situations and the real life responses that I had received from different people. The responses were in the form of another question that led me through a circle of nowhere. In case you are wondering while reading these questions, the respondent questions are coupled with their corresponding complainant questions. They may seem like they are misplaced and more suitable to another question, but that is not the case. 

Perhaps you may relate to my frustration especially for the ones calling for a yes or no answer and not receiving it.


Complainant - “Do you believe me?”


Respondent - “Why are you asking me that?”


Complainant - “Do you see this mark?”


Respondent - “What am I supposed to be looking at?”


Complainant - “Do you know where I can find help?”


Respondent - “Did someone else tell you where you can?"



Complainant - "Why are you speaking to me that way?"



Respondent - "Why do you keep doing this?"



Complainant - "Why isn't the fence fixed yet?"



Respondent - "Have you spoken to someone else about this?"



Complainant - "Why did I come from work to an unlocked front door?"



Respondent - "Who did you invite?"



Complainant - "Did you include this additional evidence in the report?"



Respondent - "Why do we need to add anything else when the report is already completed?"



Complainant - "Have you seen my (item) that I left over there?"



Respondent - "Did you leave it there?"



and unfortunately, the list goes on.


Written by Andrelyn Izquierdo.

#challenges #complainant #respondent #confide #speak #conversation #argument #lifeexperience #noanswer #HaikuJumble #educational #poetry #blog




No comments:

Post a Comment