Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Trevor Noah

 

Cares about the world,


shows it through comedic bits,


South African pride.


(Photo from Wikipedia.com)


10 Facts About Trevor Noah:

  1. He was born in Johannesburg, South Africa.
  2. He went to Maryvale College, which is a private Roman Catholic high school in his hometown.
  3. A man known by many titles: 
    • Comedian
    • TV Show and Talk Show Host
    • Political Commentator
    • Producer
    • Writer
    • Actor
  4. He's the host of The Daily Show on Comedy Central. You're bound to laugh at one of his funny jokes. He knows how to lighten up a situation.
  5. Two of his popular comedy specials are Lost in Translation & African American.
  6. He is the author of his autobiography called "Trevor Noah: Born A Crime" which was published in 2016.
  7. He has been nominated for two NAACP Image Awards.
  8. He is 1 of the 35 Most Powerful People in the New York Media (2017 & 2018).
  9. In 2018, he was 1 of the 100 Most Influential People in the World.
  10. His newest project is "Afraid of the Dark" comedy show coming out on Netflix on February 21st.

(Info from Trevornoah.com & Wikipedia.com)


One of my favorite moments of Trevor Noah:

    While watching an interview of him speaking about his book, one of the moments with his mother stood out to me. This is summarized - when he was younger, Trevor has a moment with his mother when their car broke down on the way to church. Trevor wanted to go home and his mother was adamant about moving forward with her plan. She had mentioned that the Devil does not want them to go to Church. After a string of questions from him to his mom, they both continued their journey to the church by catching the minibusses. I found this funny moment to be not only interesting but inspirational. It grasped my interest immediately since I had a similar event in my life with crashing my car and having to walk 8.9 miles to school in the rain. If I had not gone to the University, I would've lost out on my being on track for my Certificate and this would've made things worse for me. What his mother, Patricia, mentioned made me wonder if it had been the Devil's work. According to the stories of my religions, it's possible. But we do not have to dive in that far. The point is that I would still question it like how Trevor did. But his mother has inspired me to keep going even at a surprising sudden stop in life.

To read his story, you can purchase it from https://www.trevornoah.com/store, on Audible for his audiobook, and more. It's available internationally as well.

Here's a clip from his comedy special featured on his YouTube page:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En8Tz2RzubE

Here's one from The Daily Show:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cDC4wEY9SQ

No comments:

Post a Comment